Personal information collection
sciGaia may collect and use information we learn from customers to help us personalize and continually improve your experience. Listed adjacent are the types of information we gather.
Information you give us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future features for you, improving our services, and communicating with you;
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses sciGaia.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of sciGaia.com on other Web sites;
When you download or use apps created by sciGaia or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services;
To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from sciGaia.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Preferences;
Information from Other Sources
- We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information;
- Information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including information stored in your user profile);
- Information about transactions carried out over this website (including services you use or sign up for, and information about purchases of products, services, or licenses);
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including user preferences, settings, use history); and
- Any other information that you send to sciGaia.
Using personal information
sciGaia may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where sciGaia discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, sciGaia may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
sciGaia will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
sciGaia will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website may be protected by encryption technology, depending upon the type of information.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world, unless the information is designated private or for restricted viewing.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
sciGaia is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- by email to ; or
- by post to P.O. Box 10505, Bozeman, MT 59719.